Are you parent/carers of young people aged 0 – 25 years with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)? Have you heard of PODS (Parents Opening Doors)?
PODS was set up in 2008 and is a parent carer/peer led charity with staff and volunteers who have the relevant ‘real life’ experience to support families who have a child with a disability or additional need (aged 0 – 25 years). Parent participation is at the heart of the forum, as parents/carers can pinpoint problems frequently experienced by families with disabled children.
PODS aim to:
• To provide emotional, practical and social support.
• To help reduce isolation and increase well-being.
• To provide an opportunity to participate in joint decision making on services.
• To provide information to help increase knowledge of the SEND reforms and legislation.
• To improve and influence those services affecting these families
Please click on the link below to visit their website.