Dear Parents and Carers,
As you will be aware from the recent news updates, teaching unions have advised their members to consider if they feel safe working in a school environment at this time. It is clear,that the new variant of Covid-19 is virulent, and the rates of infection are rising far more rapidly than the previous strain. As a school we are thinking very carefully about the safety of all adults and children in classes of up to 30 pupils. I am alsoaware as parents and carers, a number of you, are also considering the safety of your families.
The situation remains very uncertain and unions and government are still under negotiations on the national picture for safe school opening. Therefore, the Chair of Governors and I, have met today and in response to this ongoingsituation, have made the decision to close school to all pupils tomorrow, Monday January 4th and open only to vulnerable pupils and those of key workers on Tuesday. I realise that this is in complete contrast to my pervious notification and am aware of the potential disruption that this may cause. However, this decision will enable us to interpret advice from the unions and the government regarding the safety of the school environment. It will also allow us time to assess, anyscientific advice produced on safety measures, required to make schools more “Covid secure”; update our risk assessments where appropriate and take any necessary further safety measures required, allowing us to plan what will happen next in this everchanging scenario. A judicial decision is due to be made by 4pm on Monday 4th January, so we should know more tomorrow evening. As a cluster of schoolsin South Telford, we are working closely together to bring you information and to support you in keeping all of our families safe at this uncertain time.
I will be touch with you all tomorrow, with further updates.
Thank you for your continued support.